Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Spiritual Wilderness

This morning, I'm reading my daily devotional and I come across the following sentences:

As surely as there are times to go to the wilderness, there are also times to leave it and move on. How funny we humans are--we go kicking and screaming into the wilderness of pain or sickness--and then we grow accustomed to it and resist the idea of moving on. . . . Some would avoid desert experiences at all cost, deny they exist, deny their validity. But desert experiences are valuable . . . we hear God's voice and He refreshes while we are there. But the time will come--if we are committed to growth-when we will leave the wilderness.

I think this describes me to a T. I'm stuck in the wilderness and resisting the idea of moving on. This is a call to action for me to be committed to growth so that I, too, can "leave the wilderness."

No comments: