Friday, July 18, 2008

John 6:27

To begin, on Monday of this week, my life changed. It was me stepping off that cliff I've been afraid of for so long.
Letting go.
Trying to detach.
Reaching out for counsel.
Actively seeking out direction.

I got excited. I let go of the fear. I decided to go with it.

Fast -forward to night before last and yesterday.
Panicky.
What if?
How can I do this?!?
Where am I going?
Will anybody be there to help me when I fall? (Note that it's when, not if)

So, this morning, I got a pleasant surprise from God.
"But don't be so concerned about perishable things like food. Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you. For God the Father has given me the seal of his approval."

At first glance (and indeed, the several times I've read that before), it seems like Jesus is just saying, "Don't sweat the small stuff." You know, for other people. NOT ME. As I read this verse today, I was reminded that if God will take care of the sparrows, He takes care of me even more so. (yep, me. not other people) And, that I have zero to worry about. He's in control and He can be trusted to guide me through.

No comments: