Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wait. Expectantly.

"There probably isn't anything harder to do than wait, whether we are expecting something good, something bad, or something unknown."

God says:
Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and wait patiently on the Lord. *

"What parts of your life seem to be on hold right now? Do you understand that this may be part of God's plan for you?"

God responds to faith even in the midst of failure.

"Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for I pray to no one but you ...Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly." Psalm 5:2-3, NLT

Wait. Expectantly.

What does David mean when he writes to "wait expectantly"? What attitude is he taking? How does that fit into my life? How does it apply to me?

I'm not really sure how/what this means in relation to my life. But, as you can see from my notes above, it's been on my mind. Although, I'm starting to think that waiting expectantly means to wait, knowing that God is faithful and true. Wait, knowing that God works to the good of those who love Him.

What does "wait expectantly" mean for you?





* Bible paraphrasing is mine.

No comments: